Sometimes a simple “I Love You” just doesn’t do it for me anymore. What’s more meaningful would be to express it, or show it. With the recent sudden passing of Heavy D and other stars and loved ones who were taken away way too young or too soon, you begin to realize that tomorrow isn’t promised, and that shouldn’t be taken for granted. Show someone right now how much they mean to you without waiting for their birthday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, etc. Whether you are planning a romantic evening or even just a “Me” Day, here are some ways to shower someone with love, minus the expensive gifts. These would be categorized as…Just Because. Enjoy:)
* Scented Candles: “Turn off the lights and light a candle”. Teddy P said it best (except for when he was hollering). Candles can be soothing, romantic, and down right smell goods for any room.
* Love Notes: Writing an “I Love You” or “I Miss You” note may be corny or outdated to some, but it nonetheless is appreciative. It lets the person know that they are on your mind and that they are special. You took the time to tell them that. For those who are more into technology, a simple text is okay, but not the same in comparison to something hand written.
* Love Poem: If Mr. Big (from Sex and the City) managed to find the perfect poem for Carrie, I know you can too. If you can’t, then make one up; which would make it that much more unique and personal. Not everybody may be into poetry, but it is an artistic way to express your feelings. To add another special touch, you can frame it.
* Massage: Whether you use baby oil, massage oil, or even plain ole lotion, relaxing someone’s muscles is…relaxing. It shows that you’re interested in pleasing your mate and spending one-on-one time with them.
* Prepare a Full Course Meal: This is only for the people who don’t cook on the regular. Make your partner’s favorite dish (entrée and dessert), accompanied with the good China, candles, and evening dress. You shouldn’t have to wait for a special occasion to pull out the good stuff and dress up. Just this alone will make it a special occasion.
* Make Future Plans Together: Planning for your future and actually working towards your goals together is not only essential as a couple, but also very loving. In a committed relationship, such as in a marriage for example, there is no more of “I, Me, and My”. You make family decisions, and “I” transforms to a… drum roll please… a “We” thing.
* Date Night: Commit to one night out of the week for you and your sweetheart. I’m talking- no cell phones, cancellations, kids, TV, friends, video games, cousins- you get the picture. You went all out to get the person you’re with (I hope), so why not keep it up?
* Draw a Bath: Wouldn’t it be nice to come home from a hard day’s work to scented candles and rose petals leading to a hot bubble bath? This should not be one of those things you see only in the movies. Let’s get romantic!
So what did you learn today… Let your honey know everyday how blessed you are to have them in your life and vice versa- especially if they’re worth it. Don’t wait for a certain day to come to do something special. Keep a lil spice in your life and feel free to add yours to the list;)