With the economy the way that it is, you can’t go on shopping sprees, eat out every other day, and keep up with the Joneses like you may want to. Money is tight, I get it. But there’s no reason for you to not have fun. So if you are trying to save a little money but still want to go out (or not) and enjoy yourself with your sweetie, there are some things you can do without breaking the bank.
1. Movie night: Whether it be Netflix, downloading a movie, or even finding one on cable, there is plenty to watch and plenty of cuddle time during the movie.
2. Picnic: This romantic gesture is sweet, as long as it’s not worn out.
3. Festival: Summer, Spring, and Fall are the best months (of course), because not only do you get out and about, but you also get some exercise to go along with your fun.
4. Walk: The majority of problems couples face stems from communication. Here is a great way to have some alone time with no distractions- no phones, no TV, just you and your sweetheart.
5. Candlelight dinner or BBQ: Cooking together is a cool way to bond and grow closer. You get to know what each other likes, experiment, and of course spend that one-on-one time.
6. Bowling: Step up the bowling experience with a little wager; for instance, whomever wins gets a massage.
7. Drive-in: Get a two for one movie deal, cuddle in the car, and get comfortable with the snacks you would’ve snuck into the movie theater anyways.
8. Game night: Pick some of your favorite games and play together. If you’re feeling more social, invite another couple or two over.
What would you add?