January brings a fresh new start and automatically people begin to make resolutions. This is the time to declutter your mind, space, or body. But we need to go a little deeper than that. There are some lifestyle changes that need to be added to the resolution list that are usually overlooked. So, these are some lifestyle changes that should be made and not brought into 2014.
* “Brush the dirt off your shoulders”: I know this was cute when this first came out…a decade later, it is not.
* “Turn up:” No, turn off… permanently.
* Men’s skinny jeans: Whoever came up with this concept needs to be slapped and dropped kicked in the ass. Some aren’t 100% comfortable for females to wear, so what makes a man think that he could wear it better? Then you have those who sag these jeans too– a double negative! How the hell can you sag tight ass pants? Men’s skinny jeans need to all be put in a big pile and burned. For all of the men who wear these– SKINNY JEANS ARE NOT YOUR FRIEND AND THEY ARE NOT SEXY.
* Negativity and cruelty: It is not attractive to purposely hurt others. You may or may not receive payback from that person, but best believe that you will get yours from a higher power. On the other hand, negativity brings you down mentally, and in turn, physically. It’s simply not worth it.
* Not living up to your potential: Laziness is for the birds. What are you waiting for? The time to get things done and live out your dreams is now. President Barack Obama said it best: “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we are waiting for. We are the change we seek.”
Hmm…there may be a part two. Any lifestyle no-nos for the New Year?